Regularly Scheduled Mass Times
- Sunday at 8:00 a.m.
We are located 1/2 mile North of the Junction of 74 & 74C on the East side of the Highway 74
For more information call St. Mary at
On April 30, 1956, the Most Reverend Archbishop William D. O’Brien of Chicago, president of the Catholic Church Extension Society blessed and dedicated St. Margaret Mary in Crescent, Ok. St. Margaret Mary is a most generous gift from Msgr. John J. Code, as a memorial to his sister Etta Margaret Code.
The dedication was attended by one of the largest gatherings of clerical hierarchy in State history. Archbishop O’Brien was assisted by Most Reverend Eugene J. McGuiness, Bishop of Oklahoma, who sang the Pontifical Mass with Reverend John J. Sullivan pastor. The ceremony was attended by more than a hundred priest of the diocese.
In Msgr. Code’s sermon he expressed his gratitude to Archbishop O’Brien for his presence at this occasion as well to Bishop McGuiness for his gracious invitation to this dedication. Msgr. Code went on to say that the Chapel was built under the patronage of St. Margaret Mary as a memorial to his beloved sister Etta Margaret Code, who for nearly half a century was keeper of his house, organist, secretary and confidant. He went to say that he and his sister had long planned that whoever outlived the other would build a votive chapel in the memory of the departed one. Nearly ten years younger than Msgr. Code, she was expected to do for him what he was doing for her.
With St. Margaret Mary being the Mission Church of St. Mary, we share our love and joy for our Lord Jesus Christ and our Catholic faith by functioning as though we are one parish.